At Elements Design Build, we believe a clean home is essential to a comfortable, safe environment. But we realize that hectic schedules with kids, pets, and/or work often make it difficult to keep up with cleaning. So, here are eight easy tips to help you keep your house “company-ready” without feeling overworked!
Clean Home Tips To Follow
- Make the bed every day. It is amazing how much cleaner a room appears simply by straightening up the bed and putting the pillows in their correct places.
- Unload and load the dishwasher every day. Teach your kiddos to put their dirty dishes in the sink so that it is easier and quicker to get the dishwasher loaded.
- Take out the trash as soon as it’s full. And don’t forget to check the small trashcans in bathrooms & bedrooms!
- Put your stuff away! A decluttered house looks cleaner than one with things sitting around. So, put dirty clothes in the hamper, hang up coats, and place shoes in the closet.
- Wipe down the countertops and the kitchen sink every day. Even better, if you make this a habit after every meal, your kitchen will always be clean!
- Vacuum carpets and Swiffer hard surfaces once a week.
- Clean the bathroom twice a month.
- Dust two or three rooms every week. This way, the whole house gets dusted once a month.