The Contractors Construction Process
The Contractors construction process of the home itself is the most straight-forward part of the overall process. But doing it efficiently is the hard part. Believe it or not, the best homes are built the quickest. That’s because the project is run efficiently, without a lot of waiting around. And that benefits you, since you aren’t waiting around for your home to be finished! This is where good planning comes in. Planning and organization is where the magic happens, and that starts with our pre-construction meetings.
What Makes Elements Different
Our Contractors pre-construction meetings are the genesis of your new home. We’re preparing to put your dream home together, and together we’re going to lay out the journey so that the home is built the way that you want it. We include all of the details on 3D house plans instead of leaving things up to chance with a one-size-fits-all solution.
Here’s what happens during the building process:
- Steps 1 and 2. Our project estimator and manager review your job after house plan design
- Step 3. Designer reviews
- Steps 4-7. Each trade & supplier reviews, suggesting efficiency tweaks for better quality
- Step 8. Project manager reviews one last time
- Step 9. Customer review
In short, we’re thorough. We’ll build a home at least nine times on paper before we’ll move one shovel of dirt.
That last meeting is, for us, the most important. We’ve put together a project that we think is going to work the best to give you exactly what you want. But we’re not taking chances. You review the project and make sure that we’ve done right by your vision before that first shovel of dirt is thrown.
We work diligently with our trades and suppliers before construction starts to ensure that there aren’t inefficiencies. We provide them with work orders, a scope of work, site conditions and full set of plans. And we review each phase to make sure that those documents are being conformed to. This is also being tracked by our homeowner login, which is explained better on the our Buildertrend page.
Building The Foundation
As soon as you have selected the perfect floorplan.
– the first step is to pour the footing
– After footings, we then pour stem wall or basement walls
– Next, add initial plumbing, HVAC. Once completed/ inspected, we pour the slab.
– Slab is poured and dried, we begin framing, roof and windows.
– All inspection are passed, we insulate, and add drywall.
– Rock and brick will go on the exterior of the house.
Selecting Interior Features
Next step of the contractors process is all about being uniquely yours.
– Fine touches added to define your home.
– Elements will assist with selections of all the interior features through the homeowner login.
– Pick your perfect tile, countertops, color of paint, the lighting, the plumbing fixtures etc.
Construction and Review
The final step of the contractors building process
– Where initial construction is completed and all the interiors go in.
– Our building superintendents will schedule regular meetings with you to keep you up-to-date on the building of your home.
Some builders might just hand you the keys and say “See you later!”, but that isn’t how we work. We’ll give you a new home orientation to make sure that you’re comfortable with how the home functions, where the breaker panel and water heater are. We’ll even show you the quirks of the home, like how to change the water heater temperature despite the government’s suggestion that you shouldn’t know how. By the time we hand over the keys, you’ll know exactly how your home functions and what you can expect.
Before you move into the home, it’s been thoroughly detailed. We clean, vacuum, wash the windows and make sure that nothing needs fixing.