LUXURY HOME BUILDERS PROCESS
As one of the Upstate’s top building companies, we design, build and improve homes in the Greenville South Carolina metro area. The majority of our work is done in a design/build arrangement, where both the design and construction of a project are under our management. You can select from our exclusive house plans collection. If these house plans don’t meet your needs, however, our in-house design team can modify a floor plan or create your dream home from scratch.
Home Building Process Steps
- Initial Meeting
- After our first phone or email, we will schedule an appointment to meet with you either at our office, your home, or your lot.
- Next, you will complete a new home questionnaire outlining your needs, design priorities, and wishes.
- Finally, you can get familiar with our work and gather design ideas by driving by homes we’ve previously built and/or viewing our projects online.
- Lot Selection
- Elements can help you locate the ideal site for your new home. We are Home Builders and Realtors! Because of this, we are familiar with the best neighborhoods around metro Greenville and know of lots for custom build packages. Also, for those who are considering a lot with a tear down, we can determine whether the property can accommodate your dream home.
- Elements can provide invaluable assistance in selecting the right lot for your dream home. We can estimate the cost of the site preparation before you purchase. Plus, we can help with the review of the restrictions outlined in the Neighborhood Design Guidelines.
- Elements can support you during the purchasing of the lot and make sure you will not miss any important inspections or tests during the due diligence period.
- Additionally, if you are working with a Realtor already to find the lot, but need builder support to decide if the lot is the perfect one, we offer lot consultation for a small fee. If you decide to build your home with us, the consultation fee will be refundable.
- Finally, Elements will build on your lot if you already own one.
- Developing Vision
- Develop your home plans with the Elements Design Build team.
- Meet at your site with our construction staff to analyze the site.
- Discuss the slope and natural features of your lot.
- Identify general parameters including price range, home style, square footage, and placement.
- Discuss the project financing and budget. Elements collaborates with a few banks which offer financing for the construction of new homes.
- Floor Plans
- Choose from a wide selection within Elements floor plans collection, or we can create your own custom floor plans.
- Elements Design Build offer plans for various budgets and styles:
- Modern Farmhouse Plan Collection from 2,600 to 4,100 Sq. Ft.
- Storybook Craftsman Estate Collection from 2,700 to 4,200 Sq. Ft.
- Urban English Cottage Collection from 2,500 to 3,600 Sq. Ft.
- Preliminary Estimate
- Once Elements Design Build and the client have agreed on preliminary design and selections, Elements will present a rough estimate to the client. If both parties agree to the initial terms and conditions, a design contract will be presented.
- The Design Agreement represents a commitment by both parties to proceed to the design phase, where the project specifications and home design will be developed and finalized. At this point, a non-refundable deposit is made, and the project is added to our schedule.
- Building Contract
- At this point, specifications and selections are finalized. Because some items will not be selected at this stage, we will build allowances into our agreement.
- Next, we review your completed architectural and engineering drawings.
- Then, you will finish securing financing for the project.
- Next, we will establish construction dates–both start and expected completion.
- Finally, we sign our New Home Construction Agreement.
- Construction will commence following the receipt of approval of all necessary building permits. Depending on the nature of the project, the construction period can last from 6 months to over a year.
- During this time, you can experience the building process with site visits. Therefore, you can view your future home during the foundation, framing, and pre-finish stages. Regular site meetings will help to ensure that everyone is on the same page. Since it is an under-construction, building site visits require appointments with one of the Elements Design Build team members.
- Of course, Elements Design Build will keep you well-informed of everything you need to know–project schedule, change orders, upcoming decisions, and finances.
- Finally, you can watch the construction progress of your project by viewing photos online.
- Congratulations! Your new home is ready to move in!
- At this point, a Certificate of Occupancy has been issued by the county authorities.
- Now, it’s time for the final walk-through to be conducted to make sure that everything is the way you imagined.
- During this, it is the perfect time to learn from our team how everything works and how to take care of it. Please, ask questions! We will be happy to answer.
- Finally, at the end of the walk-through, you will receive all the project details and photos in a digital format.